Ranges of Application
The following General Terms and Conditions apply exclusively to the business relationship between Biogena Academy and our customers in the version valid at the time of the order. Biogena Academy does not recognise any deviating terms and conditions of the customer, unless Biogena Academy has expressly agreed to their validity in writing. The place of performance shall be the registered office of the seminar organiser Biogena Akademie. Salzburg is agreed as the place of jurisdiction.
All prices quoted are inclusive of the applicable value added tax, unless Biogena Akademie explicitly refers to a tax exemption or reverse charge.
Please notify us of any changes to your data or revocation in your customer account or in writing:
Biogena GmbH & Co KG
General Terms and Conditions
1. Conditions of participation and right of withdrawal
A binding registration for seminars (presence and online) is made by online booking (registration required at www.biogena-akademie.com)
For the participation in certain seminars (presence and online) the affiliation to the circle "professional audience" is necessary (these are marked on the homepage with knowledge for professional audience, professional trainings & meeting point micronutrients). The professional audience consists exclusively of persons who have completed or are in training for health and medical professions. If you should be uncertain whether you can announce yourselves to our specialized meetings, contact us gladly. The participation in seminars, marked with "Knowledge for All" and the Biogena Academy Podcasts do not require any further participation requirements.
If you book the seminar and the booking of the event takes place at a distance, in particular by telephone, e-mail or Internet, the participant as a consumer within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act (KSchG) has a statutory right of withdrawal within 14 calendar days from the conclusion of the contract. This does not apply to seminars (presence and online), which already begin within these 14 calendar days from the conclusion of the contract. In the event of a cancellation, the Biogena Academy is not liable for accommodation, flights, trains, etc. already booked by the participant. This also applies to cancellations on the part of the Biogena Academy. The withdrawal deadline is considered to be met if the withdrawal notice is sent within the deadline. Withdrawals from the contractual declaration are therefore possible within 14 calendar days from the conclusion of the contract without giving reasons by sending a written declaration of withdrawal (e.g. letter, e-mail). It is sufficient if the declaration of withdrawal is sent within this period (the date of the postmark or e-mail dispatch is decisive). Saturdays do not count as working days.
The written notice of withdrawal is to be sent to:
. Biogena Academy GmbH
2. Cancellation Policy (applies to paid attendance events only)
- Up to 15 days before the start of the seminar: no cancellation fee
. - 14-1 day(s) before the start of the seminar: cancellation fee 50% of the seminar fee, but at least EUR 20.00.
- On the day of the seminar and in case of no-show: cancellation fee 100 % of the seminar fee
. - After consultation with the Biogena Academy, a substitute person can be nominated by the customer in individual cases. If the invoice recipient does not pay the invoice sent to him in due time, Biogena Academy reserves the right to invoice the participant personally for the participation fee.
The Biogena Academy reserves the right to make necessary changes to the seminar program, the event date, the speakers as well as the event location in exceptional cases. The Biogena Academy assumes no liability or warranty for the accuracy of the statements made by trainers and speakers in the face-to-face and online seminars. The seminar documents, handouts, podcasts, etc. used are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or used commercially (even in part) without the consent of the Biogena Academy and the respective speaker. Links to webinars are exclusively for the recipient, disclosure to third parties is strictly prohibited.
3. Invoice (applies only to paid face-to-face and online seminars)
Service offer: As a customer of the Biogena Academy you will receive invoices, by post to the postal address provided by him.
Invoice delivery: As a customer, you ensure on the recipient side that all postal deliveries of the invoice by the Biogena Academy can be properly delivered to the address you have made known.
Delivery address: Any changes in the address to which the invoice has been delivered shall be immediately notified to Biogena Academy by the customer in writing and in a legally valid manner. Invoices sent by Biogena Academy to the address last notified by the customer will also be deemed to have been received if the customer has not notified Biogena Academy of a change of address.
Invoices sent to the address last notified by the customer will be deemed to have been received if the customer has not notified Biogena Academy of a change of address.
The General Terms and Conditions of Biogena Academy, as amended from time to time, shall apply.
4. In-house Seminars
The Biogena Academy is not liable - as far as legally permissible - for loss or damage to items and valuables brought along by seminar participants, unless this is due to gross negligence on the part of Biogena Academy staff, for which the claimant is obliged to provide evidence. To the extent permitted by law, the Biogena Academy shall not be liable under any circumstances for the loss of or damage to items left in the lecture room during breaks. Furthermore, no liability is accepted - to the extent permitted by law - for personal injury occurring in the seminar premises, in the break rooms and corridor areas as well as adjoining rooms of the seminar provider Biogena Academy and the premises of third parties used by it for seminar purposes.
5. Live Webinars
The Biogena Academy works with the Clickmeeting platform, the following requirements apply:
. - 2 GHz dual-core processor or better (4-core processor preferred);
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended);
Operating systems such as Windows 8 (Windows 10 recommended), Mac OS 10.13 (latest version recommended), Linux, Chrome OS.
Since Clickmeeting is a browser-based platform, you must be using the latest official versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Edge or Opera. Registration on the Clickmeeting platform is not required.
The Biogena Academy is not liable for connection problems of participants and speakers (no sound, bad picture, bad internet, etc.)
We appreciate your interest in our website. The protection of your privacy is very important to us. Below we inform you in detail about the handling of your data, which always takes place in compliance with data protection regulations.
Processing of personal data
The protection of your privacy when using our websites is particularly important to us. Therefore, we inform you in the following thoroughly about the collection of personal and anonymous data.
1. legal basis
The EU General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2000 and the Data Protection Amendment Act 2018 serve the right to protection of personal data. We process your data exclusively on the basis of the legal provisions (DSGVO, DSG 2018, TKG 2003).
The responsible party is the Biogena Academy.
We are particularly concerned to protect and keep secure any personal data you entrust to us. On this page you can learn more about how we use and process your personal data.
3. Purpose, legal basis, storage period and data recipients
We need the collected personal data for the processing of bookings, for customer service purposes and for advertising purposes. The data is collected, stored, processed and used for this purpose. We do not pass on this data without your consent.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is, on the one hand, the fulfillment of our legal or contractual obligations and, on the other hand, your consent (contact form, newsletter, cookies, registration form, downloads). Failure to provide the data may have different consequences.
We process your personal data [first name, surname, academic title, date of birth, citizenship, telephone number, email address, private address, educational qualification, details for payment of course costs, billing address], as far as necessary, for the duration of the entire business relationship (from the initiation, processing to the termination of a contract) as well as beyond that in accordance with the statutory retention and documentation obligations, which arise, among other things.The data shall be kept for the duration of the entire business relationship (from the initiation and processing to the termination of a contract) as well as beyond that in accordance with the statutory retention and documentation obligations arising, inter alia, from the Austrian Commercial Code (UGB), the Austrian Federal Fiscal Code (BAO) as well as until the end of any legal dispute, ongoing warranty and guarantee periods, etc.
4. contact form and newsletter
Your information including personal data from our contact form and for our newsletter will be transmitted to us via the mail server to process your request, processed and stored by us. This data will not be collected or passed on without your declaration of consent. Without this data, we can not process your requests.
The data processing is based on the legal provisions of § 96 para 3 TKG and Art 6 para 1 lit a (consent) DSGVO.
5. Cookies and other tracking tools as well as web analysis
- Cookies, other tracking technologies as well as functions of the web analytics service [Google Analytics. Provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The data will not be transmitted to any non-European third country]. Cookies can be used on our Internet platform in a variety of ways. Cookies are small pieces of text information that make it possible to recognise the user and analyse your use of our websites. The information thus generated is transferred to the provider's server and stored there. They are used to make our website more user-friendly, more effective and safer. In addition, cookies are used to measure the frequency of page views and for general navigation.
. - We have concluded a corresponding contract for commissioned data processing with the provider. They have undertaken to comply with the applicable data protection regulations towards us. You can request more information about the order processors we use at
- Your IP address is anonymized and not stored.
- The data processing is based on the legal provisions of § 96 Abs 3 TKG and Art 6 DSGVO (in particular consent). Since the privacy of our users is important to us, the user data is anonymized and not stored.
6. Consent and right of revocation
- If your consent is required for the processing of your data, we will only process it after your explicit consent.
- As a general rule, we do not process data of minors and are not authorized to do so. By giving your consent, you confirm that you have reached the age of 14 or that you have the consent of your legal guardian.
- You can revoke your consent at any time at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. In such a case, the data previously stored about you will be anonymized and subsequently used only for statistical purposes without personal reference. By means of the revocation of consent, the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation is not affected.
- You have the right to obtain information from the data protection coordinator about the personal data concerned at any time. Unless there is a legal obligation to retain the data, you have the right to have this data deleted and to object to the processing. Furthermore, you have the right to correct the data as well as to restrict processing, to data portability as well as to lodge a complaint with the Austrian Data Protection Authority (Wickenburggasse 8-10, 1080 Vienna, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).